The Psyquel Backstory
Psyquel was founded in 1997 as a coordinated effort between two premier mental health organizations, one in Dallas and the other in San Antonio, Texas. This first iteration was a simple LAN-based system that met basic technology needs, but digital age came quickly.
By 2000, Psyquel was transformed into the first web-based billing software specifically for behavioral health, offering a new solution available to clinicians across the country.
In 2004, a medical billing expert saw the enormous value Psyquel brings to the market and decided to purchase the company. Since then, Psyquel has operated under basic yet powerful guiding principles:
- Be the best at what we do.
- Get providers paid.
- Customer service is the top priority – when a customer needs help, we’re there.
- Fashion a system of “clean claims” that produce payments.
- Digital is king – electronic processing yields faster, accurate payments.
- Accurate claims and payments result in accurate patient balances.